Hi Lee,
Yes, it's possible. I have some cases in my data base. But, the mariage record
would be mentionned  a "dispensa por consanguinidade de 1° grao em linha
colateral" ou "1° e 2° grao de consanguinidade". It's not write, in your case.
Josefa Joaquina is a frequent surname. I have 12 Josefa Joaquina in my data
base (but not yours). The most probable is the priest wrote tio maternos (would
be a mistake), in place of tios paternos (I look that a lot of time).Then
Josefa Joaquina, wife of Manoel José Coelho, is the sister of Antônio da Rocha
Tristão and the paternal aunt of Maria.
Try to find the batism record of Maria do Carmo in São Mateus and , perhaps,
there are the parents of Josefa Joaquina, mother of Maria do Carmo. If not, the
godparents could be indications.
Philippe Garnier Paris - France

    Em Domingo, 24 de Julho de 2016 23:44, Lee <shorts...@suddenlink.net>