Thanks for the email, Prima!
It would be great to figure out just how many generations our relations
overlap.  I made a mistake in my earlier email about my 6th great grandparents
after the Evangelho name caught my interest since I remembered them from my
tree.
My 5th great grandparents are Manuel da Costa Goulart Gigante and Maria
Pereira.  So we are related at that  juncture.
My 4th great grandfather is the couple's son, Jose Pereira Maciel (1719-1774),
who marrived Joana Maria.
My 3rd great grandfather is Antonio Pereira Maciel (1762-1819,) who married
Maria Antonia.
My 2nd great grandmother is Antonio and Maria's daughter, also named Maria
Antonia (1812-1894), who married Bento Pereira da Costa.
My 1st great grandmother is Virginia Emilia (1844 - ?), who married Jose
Francisco Martins (1828 - ?).   Virginia was born, like her siblings, in Sao
Mateus, Pico.  Her husband was born in Feteira, Faial.  I have not been able to
find death info for the couple.
My grandfather is Antonio Francisco Martins, who married Elisa Abreu after the
couple separately immigrated to the U.S.  He came from Feteira, Faial.  She was
from Sao Martinho, Madeira.  The married in Oakland, CA.
Do you have a tree on Ancestry? Have done any of the DNA tests?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Prima Deb

 When I searched for ancestors, I found friends!