How common was it for the priest to switch the name of the child with the
father? The link below I believe is for a son (Manuel) of my third great
uncle Jose Bernardo de Andrade, but the priest placed Jose's name as the
child and Manuel as the father. The mother is correct Maria de Conceicao as
well as the both sets of grandparents. I have checked for an obito for Jose
in Lomba do Loucao and found nothing, besides No.3 in the column lists
someone died in 1986 (Jose?). Nor is there a marriage listed for Manuel and
Maria.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904/SMG-PV-LOMBADOLOUCAO-B-1900-1904_item1/P108.html

(lower left to upper right)

Thanks,