The Knowlton book (page 311) lists:
Pavao, Manuel, age 31, Hankow 1883, Madeira & Sao Miguel (stopped at both
places), with Antonia de Jesus 29, wife, and children, Maria 3, and Emilia
3/4.

Bob de Mello book (page 299) lists:
Manuel Pavao, age 31, father deceased, mother Emilia de Jesus, from
Livramento
wife Antonia de Jesus, age 27, father Francisco Furtado, mother Maria da Luz
Children Maria,3, Emilia 9 months. Born iIvramento
On the Abergeldie

The Hankow sailed around April 30, 1883. The Abergeldie sailed Jan. 1st.

Check for them leaving the Azores here:
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1875-1883/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1875-1883_item1/P200.html

Good luck! Cheri

Achada