Sorry, Paul, you are asking about PASSPORTS not arrival records, I think.

Portuguese "passaportes" go through tombo.pt to access the Centro do
Conhecimento dos Azores (CCA) site: tombo.pt/en (stay in the left column
and navigate to Azores. Passaportes are on the main Azores page). NOTE: It
appears that the CCA is down. I emailed them at 9:04 a.m. PST today to let
them know).

American passports you have to write to the Department of the State. You
can read about that here: https://goo.gl/uJMvDh You will need to read it
and follow the links out to the Dept. of State and read their directions
and follow them to a T.

Canadian passports - I don't know. I don't know about Australia or New
Zealand either.

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada