Sorry, Paul, you are asking about PASSPORTS not arrival records, I think.

Portuguese "passaportes" go through tombo.pt to access the Centro do
Conhecimento dos Azores (CCA) site: tombo.pt/en (stay in the left column
and navigate to Azores. Passaportes are on the main Azores page). NOTE: It
appears that the CCA is down. I emailed them at 9:04 a.m. PST today to let
them know).

American passports you have to write to the Department of the State. You
can read about that here: https://goo.gl/uJMvDh You will need to read it
and follow the links out to the Dept. of State and read their directions
and follow them to a T.

Canadian passports - I don't know. I don't know about Australia or New
Zealand either.


Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:

> Portuguese "passaportes" go through tombo.pt to access the Centro do
> Conhecimento dos Azores (CCA) site: tombo.pt/en (stay in the left column
> and navigate to Azores. Passaportes are on the main Azores page). NOTE: It
> appears that the CCA is down. I emailed them at 9:04 a.m. PST today to let
> them know).
>
> American passports are all over the place. Some are digitized and on
> Ancestry. If they immigrated through Ellis Island (after 1892) you *might*
> find them on ellisilsand.org (before 1892 is Castle Garden). Many are
> still on film and you will have to go to your local FHC or possibly your
> regional NARA.
>
> Canadian passports - I don't know. I don't know about Australia or New
> Zealand either.
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
> Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Repost for Paul, [email protected]
>>
>> <<where do i find passport records ? Thanks Paul>>
>>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to