My grandmother's first cousin married a Joaquim Flores. I just recently
found his birth on July 9, 1868 in Topo Sao Jorge. His parents were
Constantino Jose Flores and Maria Silveira. I'm out of contact with that
side of the family and so far I have not connected via DNA test with any of
his wife's relatives (I would be related to her, not to him).

Until I found indications that he was from Topo I did not even suspect he
was from Sao Jorge because, as you mention, the name is not common. At
least I haven't seen it on the other end of the island where my ancestors
came from.

Mary

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:55 AM 'Jeremy G. B-C' via Azores Genealogy <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Is anyone connected with the family with the last name "Flores" in Calheta
> on Sao Jorge? I am hopeful there may be a few in this group, as I match a
> great many on FTDNA.  It is a small line, but there are many descendants.
> Pretty much anyone with this name in the council of Calheta on Sao Jorge
> appears to be related - it is very very uncommon.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeremy G. Berry-Cahn
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to