The infant mortality rate was high in all the islands (and was probably high in
the whole world; in America most families lost more than one child. If you walk
through an old New England cemetery where people often had family plots, you'll
see many small markers in the form of lambs marking the graves of the babies
that never made it) but the mortality rate for foundlings was scandalously high.
John

    On Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:30 PM, Louie Avila <louielouieo...@gmail.com>