From: azores@googlegroups.com [azores@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Cheri
Mello [gfsche...@gmail.com]
Sent: March 30, 2017 2:19 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Searching for grandma Cabral, Lagoa Sao Miguel

Olivia,

The whole reason I'm against people stating the relationship of their ancestors
is: 1) That's your special name for her. Only a select group of people get to
call her grandma (or the select group that get to call dad "dad" or mom
"mom."). 2) Also, that's strictly the relationship to you. She could be
someone's aunt, 1st cousin once removed, etc. We can't look up "grandma" in our
genealogy programs. Or 1st cousin once removed. We can run reports and find all
the grandchildren or 1st cousins, but we can't look them up that way.

You need to create a paper trail for her in the United States. That should
cover "immigration, etc." So follow the suggestions listed in this how-to:
https://goo.gl/vOijK0

However, you won't be able to search by "grandma." You have to use her real
name.
Good luck,

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 5:53 AM, Olivia