Mine and my brother's is quite different also. I've got a lot of Middle
East, East Africa(which I didn't show before) and, of course, lot's of
Europe (East, Southern) and my brother shows the British Isles which I show
none and he didn't show that before at all! I don't show a lot of Portugal
but lots of Spain/France. I'm half Portuguese and half Italian. My brother
is a full sibling! We had more in common with the old 'origins' than now!
Crazy.

Rosemarie
[email protected]
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yep, my dad mostly rolled over to Central Europe too. I'm aware of the
> French and Flemish influence, but it doesn't seem like it should be that
> high. I can't find the white paper on it either. Like I said, call them
> ESTIMATES. Seems like they are going a step backward, into "cocktail party
> conversation" instead of a step forward into science. I'll post the White
> Paper when I find it or when it's released.
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
> Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 8:13 AM, MaryAnn Santos <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I don't think this is accurate - based on this new version I have
>> absolutely no Portuguese. I find that very hard to believe - both of my
>> parents were Portuguese. My mother's family from São Miguel, Açores goes
>> back to the late 1500s. My father is from Moimenta da Beira area of
>> Portugal. I can trace back only to the early 1800s.
>>
>> MaryAnn
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> (Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, IslandRoutes)
>>>
>>> For those who have tested with Family Tree DNA (FTDNA), it appears that
>>> they have released their new ethnicity ESTIMATES. This is version 3 of this
>>> interesting tool.
>>>
>>> Since it's brand new, I'll just start with looking at my family. The
>>> Portuguese was clustered into Southern Europe, a big purple swath from
>>> Portugal to Spain to Italy then Greece. Good news! They've split the
>>> western part (Spain and Portugal) into Iberian and the eastern part (Italy
>>> and Greece) into Southeast Europe. My dad, 50% Portuguese is now 12%
>>> Iberian and 13% Southeast Europe! His British Isles (the other 50%) is
>>> gone! I guess the key word is they are still ESTIMATES.
>>>
>>> It'll be interesting to see what others get! Cheri Mello, Family Tree
>>> DNA Admin (volunteer)
>>> Cheri Mello
>>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>>> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira
>>> Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> *MaryAnn Santos*
>> Senior Advisement and Student Affairs Administrator
>> Department of Art and Art Professions
>> NYU/Steinhardt
>> 212.998.5702 <(212)%20998-5702>
>> [email protected]
>>
>> Follow us at
>>
>> *Twitter / @NYUart <https://twitter.com/NYUart>Instagram / @nyuart
>> <http://instagram.com/nyuart>*
>> *Facebook / NYU Art Department
>> <https://www.facebook.com/pages/NYU-Art-Department/53833145389>*
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to