Took flights from BWI to Terceira. Usually late in the day in Saturday.   Need
a passport. The military side is now run by Portuguese Military.  You cannot
leave the base till your passport is stamped!!! On Monday. There is lodging on
base.  Place to eat as well and exchange money. Need a ride to the other side
tho my husband and I have walked there. - the civilian airport to catch flights
to other islands. People in lodging always helped us secure our plane tickets
since we do not speak Portuguese. I would go to Sao Miguel to Vila Franca where
grandmother was born. Once flew to Madeira via Terceira to Ponta Delgada Azores
to Faial Madeira to grandfathers birth place