My great grandmother was Maria. Her religious name, which she still signed
occasionally after coming to the US and marrying, was Maria das Neves. She
was from Norte Grande, Sao Jorge where the parish church is Nossa Senhora
das Neves.

I actually found a medal of "Our Lady of the Snows" on eBay.

Mary