OK, you can work the DNA from the known to the unknown.

Test your dad if he is available. And test yourself. FTDNA has a tool
called "In Common With." Within that tool, there's a "Not In Common With."
So what is not in common with your dad would be things on your mom's side,
most likely. Then there are some other tools too that you can use to try to
figure it out. But being new to DNA, I'd do your dad's side first so you
can learn DNA and the tools.  Cheri