G'day folks,

Recently there has been discussion on using modern Portuguese whenever
using family tree databases.  I fully support such a standardisation but
what is the definitive reference source document? As a non speaking Aorean
descendant how do I determine what's modern?

Examples to You use de Sousa or de Souza, Anna or Ana, I have multiple
official documents where even in same document names have been spelt
differently.

Suggestions?.

Tony