Tony A,

You'll learn as you go along.
Manoel de Souza is...
Given name(s): Manuel de
Last name: Sousa

Da, de, do, d' are surname prefixes. They aren't part of the last name
unless that person uses it today as their legal name (my cousin, Altino
Demelo's last legal name is Demelo, so I have that way, but I tell my
program to file him under the Ms).

Anna is Ana.

Many double consonants that were considered to be repetitive were dropped.
So it's Ana now.

I think there may be a small name list on the Azores Gen Web. Cheri