I finally found my ancestor, Antonio Moniz's baptismal record, in 1753,
Maia.  Unfortunately, it's so faded that it's hard to make out.

Would someone give it a once over to see if I've got it right?  I'd
appreciate it.  It's image 0040, the one in the upper left hand corner.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-MAIA-B-1751-1762/SMG-RG-MAIA-B-1751-1762_item1/P40.html

This is what I came up with::
Antonio, son of Joze Muniz and Maria Benevides of Maia
born 23 Feb 1753; baptized 26 Feb 1753

The godparents are really sketchy:  Andre(?) da Costa son of _________
Costa Souza and Margarida da Souza, daughter of Manoel Moniz

Thanks for the help!
Mel