Oops! I just did a search on the complete text of *Mau Tempo do Canal* and
discovered TWO spellings for the name of the same person! Nemésio also
shows it as "Lauriano" when listing some townspeople of Santo Amaro but
"Laureano" when quoting the sister Maria Margarida when she speaks with her
brother Laureano. No wonder there's so much confusion about the spelling of
names!Yikes!

This second spelling (which we put in azulejos on the façade of the
restored building) is the one confirmed for us by the owners of the Escola
Regional de Artesenato de Santo Amaro, twins Alzira and Conceição Neves,
both of whom knew Laureano when they were children and young adults.
(Laureano died in the early 1960s.)

Oh well, who ever said genealogical research would be simple?

Tomás