Eric,
It's just crazy, sometimes the names on the marriage are one thing and then
on the baptisms they add or subtract! That's why you should always try all
combinations. I have Vitorino de Azevedo Bettencourt & Maria da Conceicao
that I was looking for in Sao Jorge. Tried, Vitorino de Azevedo, Azevedo,
Bettencourt, nothing. Then I thought,okay,they are not in the Sao Jorge
Marriage Index maybe they are in the Terceira index. Sure enough, there
they are, Vitorino de Azevedo & Maria da Conceicao do Coracao de Jesus! So,
he dropped Bettencourt, she added Coracao de Jesus but it's them. I went to
the doc and sure enough they are both from the Church of Nossa Senhora das
Neves, Sao Jorge (Norte Grande)! You just never know what you may find. Try
all combinations and check all indexes you have available to you.

Rosemarie
rcap...@gmail.com
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily