This morning in Dick Eastman's Blog  FTDNA has replied to an article on the
conditions in Houston, Texas  If you have recently ordered a test the
flooding conditions have had very little effect on the Lab other than
employees being able to get to work.
<https://www.facebook.com/FamilyTreeDNA/?ref=nf&hc_ref=ARQ977vZ6rSt2xB0oy5Vw
Yj7D0kZw-4phHpx9_3z9GvHzRsC2-v_8d-xESOkDaLP3ow>

 <https://www.facebook.com/FamilyTreeDNA/posts/1581447731907602>

Family Tree DNA

 <https://www.facebook.com/FamilyTreeDNA/posts/1581447731907602> on Tuesday

Family Tree DNA Update:

We are extremely thankful for your patience and concern for our employees.
The Family Tree DNA building has remained fairly unharmed by the floods but
our first concern is for our employees. Therefore, we have closed the office
until it is safe for them to commute. We expect the office to open up later
this week and will keep you updated.

In the meantime, we want to address many of the questions we are getting
from our extended family at Family Tree D...NA.

Is my DNA safe?
Yes, your DNA is safe. Our building has remained fairly unharmed and the lab
is located on one of the top floors of the building. We've had people
monitoring everything and can tell you that your DNA is safe and protected.
We were well prepared for this at the building.

If I've bought a test recently is it okay to ship back or should I wait?
Yes, it is okay to ship back. The post office will hold it until they are
able to deliver.

Can I still order a test, add-on, or upgrade?
Yes, you can still place orders online. Some customer service members are
working from home but they are stretched thin. Therefore, we ask that you
place all orders online.

Order fulfillment and shipping:
NEW KIT ORDERS: As soon as it is safe for our employees to commute we will
hit the ground running to get any new test kits shipped out. We hope to be
back in the office by the middle or end of this week. Therefore, shipping
may be delayed by a few days.

EXISTING KIT ORDERS: If you have ordered an add-on test or upgrade we do not
expect your results to be delayed by more than one or two days from the
average fulfillment time. This is due to the fact that we already have your
DNA at the lab.

I ordered a kit but have not received a confirmation email:

Our servers are currently turned off in the building. If you did not receive
a confirmation email, expect to have one in your inbox in the next day or
so. We apologize.

Again, we appreciate your patience and will continue to update you.

Sincerely,
Family Tree DNA

Rick

Family Tree DNA Co-Administrator