His name was Joseph Angus Lewis, but I am sure that is the Americanized
version.  I have no idea when he came to the US other than sometime between
1888 and 1910.  I went to the azores genweb, and I have now ordered a death
certificate for him.  They say it can take up to 12 weeks, so I will hope
the information I have is close enough.  I am such a beginner at this!  I
would really like to hire a genealogist to help, but I don't know where to
start.  Thank you for your help.