*GEDCOM *(an acronym standing for Genealogical Data Communication) is of
exchanging genealogical data between different genealogy software.

*Gedmatch* is a site that you can compare your DNA to others who may have
tested their DNA at another company. You will need to upload your raw data
from the company you tested with to their site. You will also want to add
your GEDCOM [your family tree] to the site so others can see your ancestors
to compare to their ancestors to find where you match.

With Gedmatch you will find additional people that match you. It helps you
expand your matching results beyond the one company you tested with.

I hope this helps

Marilyn T