Herb. Here is an birth on 3 Jan 1888. This is from Sao Pedro in Ponta Delgada.
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOPEDRO-B-1888-1889/SMG-PD-SAOPEDRO-B-1888-1889_item1/P9.html

-----Original Message-----
From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Herb
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:26 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Anthero R. Santos and Thereza Furtado, Fall
River MA 1907

His  WW 1 draft card has him born on 3 January 1888 in Ponta Delgada SM. I have
made several sweeps through the 20+ paroquias of Ponta Delgada as well as
Passports for 1901-1902 and Ellis Island arrivals.  In 130 year old priest
scribble it's difficult to discern Antonio from Antherio or Anterio. He is
listed in ancestry in census records  as Anthers Santos or as Antherio Raposo
Santos. His marriage record lists Ponta Delgada as place of birth.  Tough nut
to crack! Of course sometimes it's right there in front of us and we simply
don't see it. Herb