This is an update as to what's happening with the upgrade of my 
YourIslandRoutes.com website  (I'm moving the entire website into WordPress 
so it can be mobile friendly and up-to-date)

I'm now working up updating the descriptions of the voyages to Hawaii.  
These originally were one article for each voyage from the Pacific 
Commercial Advertiser.  However, as more old newspapers have come online, 
I've decided to find more information about each journey.  I've provided 
links to the original articles.  I've also left intact the original 
newspaper article.  I may excerpt those in the future.  Depends on how much 
I rewrite the summaries.

I've been researching the Portuguese to Hawaii for 30 years now.  Reading 
the old newspapers has really changed what I know about the voyages.  I'm 
learning about disease that overtook voyages to political battles about the 
voyages to how it was a "thing" to go down and watch the Azoreans and 
Madeirans at the Immigration Depot in Honolulu.

This is the main page where you'll find each updated descriptions.  I have 
6 done so far:

http://www.yourislandroutes.com/ships-to-hawaii/

Enjoy!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to