I am wondering if there is any way that I can get dual citizenship. Both of my
paternal grandparents were born in the azores. They came to the states at
around the age of 20. I assume that means they had automatic Portuguese
citizenship. I know they both got American citizenship, but not sure if they
maintained their Portuguese citizenship, or even how that works exactly. They
are both dead now, as is my father and all of his siblings, so there is no one
I can ask. I would have to research it. I also do not speak Portuguese. Does
anyone know about the requirements and whether anything I have shared here
would be an insurmountable obstacle?
Suzanne Carreiro