I'd say late 19th century.  It looks like a classic photo studio portrait.  I
can generally date these pictures to within a decade (e.g., "1890's") by hair,
dress and shoe styles. But those traits in this picture aren't familiar to me.
That leads me to suspect the photo was not taken in the US, and I'd further
guess the family had means.

How'd I do? :)

What kind of photo is it, and what size? That info can help with dating too.
Linda