Repost for Anna, apassadori at gmail.com

My family is from the island of Flores, however my great grandmother was
sent to another island for primary school. I was wondering if anyone had
any idea where she may have been sent? This would have been around
1891-1893. Would love some insight as to what the schools must have been
like (I assume it was like a boarding school where she would live there
part time?) and any ideas on which island she would have been sent to? I
think it is so great she had that opportunity to go to school.

Also, thank you Linda for the helpful statistics!

Thanks!
Anna