We all refer to places like Lajes  on Pico in concelho of Lajes as a
freguesia but what do we call places like Ribeira do Meio or Rua Nova which
are like suburbs or neighborhoods in Lajes or for Ribeira Seca in Calheta
on Sao Jorge, what do we call Portal or Entre Grutoes?  Can't find my
English/Portuguese dictionary so looked on google translate and found the
following possibilities:

suburb = suburbio
village = aldeia
town or city = cidade
neighborhood = bairro

Also did not realize that freguesia is actually parish.

Hoping Portuguese speakers will have an answer.

Thx for any clarification.

Judy Thompson