The words vary from the Azores to the continent.

In the Azores, a suburb or neighborhood is usually referred to as a "lugar"
in the documents.

Freguesia is a civil parish, not a church parish. Let's not go there and
confuse people, because most North Americans (who are Catholic) think of
their parish as the church that they attend. So just call a freguesia a
freguesia. It's what used in the documents. They don't say aldeia in the
Azores. I haven't seen it in a document, but I've seen it in the online
language class (continental Portuguese).  Cheri