Good Morning Everyone,
I am hoping to find the first name of my great grandfather from Sao Miguel
and the names of any of his siblings and other relatives.  I recently found
the maiden and married names of his wife, my great grandmother.  I would
also like to find the names of any of her siblings and other relatives as
well.

   - After looking at the Portuguese Immigrant Ships to Hawaii list by
   Sandy Sakai, I found that the German ship S.S. Braunfels is a possible ship
   that they could have been on due to their ages and the birth of their
   oldest son in Hawaii.
   - I have been told by my father and uncles that our original family name
   was spelled differently and I would love to find out what it was.  It was
   something like Da Punt or Dapunt or DaPonta, etc  They didn't know the
   exact spelling but they remember being told that.

My great grandmother's maiden name is Mary Joseph Rivera and her married
name is Mary Joseph DePonte.  She was born on September 27, 1879 in Sao
Miguel.

Thank You !
John DePonte