The Resendes and Soares of Sao Miguel are not, for the most part, related
to those from Santa Maria. There are some Resendes or Soares much later who
migrated from Santa Maria to Sao Miguel.

Chelly, if you already searched Faial da Terra and Agua Retorta and were
not able to find your couple, try Achada and Achadinha. After that try
Povoacao and Nordeste and Nordestinho. There are quite a few by those names
in said places.

JR