Sarah,

>From what I can tell, they were probably married in the U.S.  Probably
MA??  Then they came to CA.  Were any of their children born in MA?  Did
they have a daughter Eva or some semblance of that name?  1936 obituaries
for Oakland are online but I don't know what month he died.  Also, maybe
they bought the "Portuguese" insurance and, in that case, Celeste might be
able to help you with this and maybe that will give more info??

"E"