Thanks Cheri. I'm researching this branch for a newly connected DNA match
(4th cousin) of mine who lives out in your state.  This is her maternal
line and we are related on her paternal side.  I'll ask her if she's
willing to possibly go further by contacting Joao Ventura.  Good to know
about the dispensations.

Thanks again,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM, Cheri Mello <gfsche...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's exactly how I read it. I'd contact Joao Ventura and pay him to
> find the dispensation (if it exists). Many dispensations are missing.
> heroi99 at yahoo.com
>

> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
> Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Joseph Mendonca <jemendonca...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Right side-middle- Jose Silveira Duarte
>>
>> Just need confirmation that I'm reading this correctly that the bride,
>> Joaquina Luisa do Coracao de Jesus, is of parents "incognitos". HOWEVER,
>> they are receiving a dispensation for 2nd degree (1st cousins) of
>> consanguinity.  Hmmm.
>>
>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FAL-HT-
>> FETEIRA-C-1826-1860/FAL-HT-FETEIRA-C-1826-1860_item1/P34.html
>>
>> --
>> Joseph Mendonca
>>
>> --

Joseph Mendonca