Hi Doreen,

I suspect the Francisco and Beatriz couple you have in your database is the
correct couple (parents of the brother/sister godparents) and the priest
simply made a mistake by repeating the godmother's name instead of her
mother's.  I do not find a Francisco Gonçalves Velho marrying a MARIA do
Espirito Santo on the Terceira marriage index, but there is one marrying a
BEATRIZ do Espirito Santo (which you know because you put it in another
post)

Furthermore, in a quick scan I found three children from this couple.

*http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P33.html*

<http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P33.html>

(Francisco, bottom left)

*http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P105.html*

<http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P105.html>

(Maria, top right)

*http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P166.html*

<http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838/TER-AH-ALTARES-B-1826-1838_item1/P166.html>

(Joam, bottom left)
I think it likely that the Francisco and Maria above are Narcisa's
godparents and the priest just made a mistake on their mother's name.

I hope this helps.

Bill