I have the following information.  American name is Manuel Rose.
Immigrated in Dec 1892 on the SS Vega; born on 9 September 1874
Santa Luzia do Pico (this information was listed in his Alien registration
file).  I found a passenger list from Dec 1892 that lists a Manoel de Rosa
but have been unable to find actual immigration records.  I was always told
the name was changed from Rosa to Rose.  After 1920, he shows up
exclusively as Manuel Rose in the census records.  However, I finally found
the 1910 census records that list him as Manuel Rose Silveria.  In that
record his wife is listed as Lucinda D Rose Silveria (her maiden name
appears to be Rodriques).  She was born 22 April 1886 (same island).

I also have a very old handwritten family tree that lists Manuel's parents
as Sesje Rosa and Delsenia Josesa and Lucinda's parents as John Rodrigues
and Louisa Rosa, but not sure how accurate that is.

I did find the handwritten baptism lists online but can not read the
handwriting.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.