Pete J,

You want Family Finder. That's the same product that Ancestry sells.
FTDNA's Family Finder tests about twice the amount of family markers that
Ancestry does, however. (Ancestry replaced about half of their markers with
health markers so they can sell your DNA to Calico Life Sciences. Read the
small print in their Terms and Conditions).

If you have a specific brickwall or want to work on isolating one line at a
time, then you'll want one of the other products. If you want to look at
your Jollymour line only (your father's father's father's father's line -
all men, all the way back - the top of your pedigree), then you'd want a
Y-DNA 37 or 67 test. If you want to look at your mother's mother's mother's
line - all women, all the way back - the bottom of your pedigree), then
you'd want the Full Mitochodrial Sequence. And they have combinations of
everything.

If you are just getting into DNA for the first time and have no specific
obstacle to overcome, order Family Finder. If your parents (or
grandparents) are alive, test them first, as they are the older generation.
If the siblings of your parents (or grandparents) are alive, test them. You
can order a test and put it in your name and we can have it reassigned
later.

Order here (or I can't help if there's a glitch - doesn't matter if it's
your Portuguese line or not - I'll find you the correct project):
Azores: https://goo.gl/dtAs4j
Madeira: https://goo.gl/JVBLJV
Cape Verde: https://goo.gl/eYWXXw
Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer)
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada