I have been looking for a document that validates my husband's paternal
grandmother's birth.

 Here is what I have about my husband, Bob Perry's, paternal line.  I have all
the information except the birth (baptism) of his paternal grandmother.  I call
her the elusive "Maria Cristo."  I went to the church in RI this year where she
married to see if there is a margin note that says she was baptized and where
it occurred.  There is no such note.

Ancestors of SERAPHINE EDWARD PERRY
Generation No. 1
    1.  SERAPHINE EDWARD PERRY, born 23 Aug 1912 in East Providence, RI, USA**;
died 17 Aug 1997 in Los Angeles, CA,  USA/CA death index.  He was the son of 2.
FELIPE PEREIRA da SILVA and 3. MARIA CRISTO MORAIS.  He married (1) ADELINA
(LENA) CANTO SILVA 15 Nov 1933 in East Providence, RI, USA.  She was born 03
May 1912 in East Providence, RI, USA**, and died 24 Jul 2000 in Hayward, CA,
USA, Holy Sepulchre, Hayward.  She was the daughter of JACINTHO do CANTO SILVA
and MARIA PAIXAO da COSTA.
Generation No. 2
    2.  FELIPE PEREIRA da SILVA, born 05 Feb 1887 in Soldao, Lajes, Pico,
Azores**; died 15 Jul 1970 in San Leandro, CA,  USA (buried Holy Sepulchre,
Hayward).  He was the son of 4. MANUEL PEREIRA da SILVA and 5. MARIA GLORIA da
ASCENSAO.  He married 3. MARIA CRISTO MORAIS 24 Nov 1907 in Bristol,
RI/**daughter, Mary Cruz.
    3.  MARIA CRISTO MORAIS, born 22 May 1885 in Lomba da Santa Barbara, Sao
Miguel, Azores/daughter, Mary Cruz; died 03 Sep 1970 in San Leandro, CA,  USA
(buried Holy Sepulchre, Hayward).  She was the daughter of 6. JOAO MORAIS da
COSTA and 7. JACINTHA LIBANIA.
    Notes for MARIA CRISTO MORAIS:
4/15/2015:  I have searched through all the baptismal records for Lomba da
Santa Barbara on the island of Sao Miguel.  Joao Ventura has also done this
search.  In addition, I have searched through all the records of the villages
surrounding Lomba da Santa Barbara for a "Maria" whose grandparents were the
same as Maria Christo's parents.  My thought was that Maria Christo may have
been raised by the family she though was her biological family and was the
child of someone else in the family.  I have not found her in any of these
searches.  As of this date, I continue to follow any leads I find that will
give me proof of her birth to the family to which she believed she belonged.
1/12/2017:  Wrote to St. Mary's Church in Bristol, RI and asked them to look
for any information that she gave when she married in 1909.  I have found that
the information I had for her arrival was not her so I am not sure when she
arrived in the US.
        Children of FELIPE and MARIA are:
        i.    Mary Perry, born 26 Jun 1911 in East Providence, RI/self; died in
Buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Hayward, CA; married Fernando Cruz Sr Bef. 1937
in East Providence, RI, USA; born Abt. 1910 in Rhode Island, USA; died in
Buried Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Hayward, CA.
    1    ii.    SERAPHINE EDWARD PERRY, born 23 Aug 1912 in East Providence,
RI, USA**; died 17 Aug 1997 in Los Angeles, CA,  USA/CA death index; married
ADELINA (LENA) CANTO SILVA 15 Nov 1933 in East Providence, RI, USA.
        iii.    Phillip S. Perry, born 29 Dec 1913 in East Providence, RI,
USA/Vitalsearch; died 29 Mar 1989 in Alameda County, CA, USA/Vitalsearch;
married Margaret Roark Abt. 1938 in East Providence, RI, USA; born Abt. 1913 in
East Providence, RI, USA.
        iv.    John (Johnny) Pereira-da-Silva, born 08 Apr 1916 in East
Providence, RI/Ronnie; died 22 Nov 2000 in Oakland, CA, USA; married Hilda Cruz
1944 in Bristol, RI, USA; born 26 Feb 1923 in East Providence, RI.
        v.    Manuel (Manny) Pereira da Silva, born Aft. 1921 in East
Providence, RI/Mary Cruz; died 06 Oct 2000 in RI, USA; married Pauline Louise
Abt. 1935; born Abt. 1915 in /Lena.

        Any help in “documenting” her birth is what I need.

Celeste Perry ccgran...@yahoo.com