Yes. I guess I’m confused so I will stay with my terminology when I talk to the
people I work with because I know what I mean and can illustrate what I mean to
them so we speaking about the same thing.
But I may have been applied the term correctly in one case. There are two line
in my tree where cousins  marry their cousins over several generations. One
line is from Altares/Raminho, Terceira. My maternal grandfather’s brother
married his maternal 1st cousin. His other brother married an paternal 2nd
cousin. Their parents were first cousins.  This is why I have been working with
others with connections from these two villages because we several difference
ways. It was only once I started working wide in the tree (which may be the
same thing as robust) is when the connections where easier to locate. I wonder
if this would be a correct use of the term?
The line other is from Ribeirinha, Terceira but I have not been working that
closely with people on this lines. I do not think it would be what you
mentioned, endogamy. There are several connections but not that close (my
paternal grandparents were at least twice 4th cousins, many cases of siblings
marrying other a set of siblings but that is not cousins marrying and cousins
marrying into the same family but again that is not cousins marrying cousins).
Several people who are related to me through both lines already see the
difference.  We work together to locate the connections and often we are
building much more detailed trees with better documentation. I think everyone
benefits from our shared work. I believe it is cutting down on errors or
misinformation being passed along. I think everyone who researches these two
villages in the future will benefit from our work.  Maybe once the Altares
group has completed more work/connections maybe I can attempt to start
something with my RIbeirinha lines. But this too may be off the topic too.
Thanks for your explanation,
Doreen

Sent from Mail for Windows 10