Filiação is not the same as Perfilhação.
Filiação means naming your parents, this expression often appears in forms
we need to fill and name our parents. Perfilhação means that if you were an
exposto your parents later confirmed themselves as your parents, or only
one of them, or in other cases adoption. There's also the Legitimação.

In this case, the priest must have forgotten to write down the baptism in
the book. Many times they wrote down in topics in a small piece of paper
and pass it to the books when they had the time, and sometimes they lost
the little paper. I'm not making this stuff up. Check the recent
book/manual on Portuguese Genealogy "Descubra as suas origens".

It is refered in this record that at the time of the baptism, the priest in
charge "deixou de lansar", which I'm interpreting that the priest simply
didn't recorded the baptism as he was supposed to, and maybe Manuel needed
the papers to get married or buy some land and got a little surprise.

A terça, 5 de mar de 2019, 14:25, Rosemarie Capodicci <rcap...@gmail.com>