From: 'Sam (Camas, WA)' via Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:14 PM
To: genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Switching back and forth of surnames

Hi everyone;  Just thought I’d mention, especially for those starting out, that
I have been doing extractions on Santa Maria Island and I now realize how often
surnames of individuals were switched back and forth on records.  For example
the surnames:  Monteiro and Tavares.  I have seen the same man as Antonio
Tavares Monteiro and as Antonio Monteiro Tavares on several different records
of his children’s birth.  I know it is the same man because his wife, paternal
grandparents and maternal grandparents all match.  How easy it is to overlook a
match because of this.  I am finding that doing extractions of the entire time
period is very helpful in finding extended families.  This project will take me
a long time and I’ll probably keep asking everyone for help reading some of the
information, especially side notes which sometimes can help you add to the
line.  Once I am done, I hope to be able to help others looking in the same
freguesia and time periods.

Happy Ancestor Hunting,

Sam (Mazatlán, MX)

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
        Virus-free.

azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:azores+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.