Bill,

That's what it is.  "A Justification" brought about by Rosa Maria da
Piedade, because they couldn't find the actual marriage record.  You will
see this near the end of 8th line from the top....... "e, por que senao
acha o termo do seu recebimento" [and because the marriage record is not
found] .....

Dated 1808 and inserted in the area of 1767 [probably closest blank area
they were able to enter this justification around the 44 year mark....of
1764] for future reference.

So it seams this couple had a daughter born of the marriage, Rosa Maria da
Piedade who justified it.

Margaret

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 4:24 AM <bsei2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to understand what this is about (left side) but I
> really don't get it.
>
> This page seems to have been inserted here and is some kind of explanation
> or justification rather than a marriage record.  It looks like it is dated
> 22 Jan 1808, but the records around it are 1766.  I think it says the
> couple has been married for 44 years (from 1808--so since 1763/4?)
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-VL-MANADAS-C-1724-1775/SJR-VL-MANADAS-C-1724-1775_item1/P119.html
>
> I have been unable to find the marriage where one would expect it (before
> 1763).  I only came up with this not while I was looking for something else.
>
> These are my wife's ancestors.  My wife descends from their daughter
> born in Jan 1763.  She was daughter of Antonio Alveres Brasil and his wife
> Rosa Maria so at least that priest thought they were already married in Jan
> 1763.
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-VL-MANADAS-B-1745-1773/SJR-VL-MANADAS-B-1745-1773_item1/P120.html
> (bottom left)
>
> Thank you,