Hi Lillian,

You can check out hotels, residentials, casa de hospitalidade, Air BnB, or
even hostels. I'd pick one of those and go out to my browser and type that
in along with "vila franca do campo" or "ponta garca." You'd be better off
staying in Vila Franca, as there's more to do there.

As for the food, I try most things. So I just look at the menu (many are
posted outside, some you have to ask for) and if you see something that
sounds good to you, then give it a try. Regarding the seafood though....In
America, if you order fish or shrimp, they would have the head removed.
This does not happen there. You are served the whole thing. If you find
salad, the only options for dressing are oil and vinegar. Just so you know.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada