I guess it happens. I've seen baptisms without the Mom's name so I guess
the Priest just got busy and forgot? The thing it, they are supposed to
write it and then confirm with the couple or at least the witnesses.
Somebody messed up. At least someone went back and put her name in the
margin but that doesn't help knowing who her parent's are though.

Rosemarie
rcap...@gmail.com
Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily