Hi Bill,

Yes, that’s right, it says:  “alias Antonia de Pimentel” the word alias means
the same as “digo” which means “it is instead” / differently / correction

Margare

From: Bill Seidler
Sent: July 25, 2019 8:41 PM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Marriage of Manuel de Medeiros and AnaPimentel,
Faial da Terra, Sao Miguel, 1743

Here is my original post but this time with a link:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-FAIALDATERRA-C-1742-1756/SMG-PV-FAIALDATERRA-C-1742-1756_item1/P17.html
 (left side)

Hoping for some clarification on this marriage. I see it as follows:

Date 30 Dec 1743
Groom: Manuel de Medeiros, son of Manuel Barbosa and Maria de Medeiros, both
deceased.
Bride: Ana de Pimental, daughter of Manuel Silva and Maria de Pimentel
All are from this same parish.

My question is about a note in the lower right margin that seems to refer to
the name Antonia.  A few years ago,some one from this group (George Pacheco I
think) posted a part of this family tree that lists Ana's mother as Antonia
Pimentel instead of Maria.  Is that margin note some kind of correction or
clarification that the bride's mother's name should be Antonia?

Bill Seidler
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/4854b138-0e60-498c-a858-d77be53f397e%40googlegroups.com.