Since the Azores are islands, it would be impossible to have every single
body since the 1640s be interred in a grave. So they would inter a body for
7 years and after that, the remains would be dug up and the bones placed in
an ossuary. For some families today who want their relative there longer
than 7 years, they pay a fee (I guess it is like paying rent) and the
remains stay as long as the fee is paid.

So for the 1830s and 1850s, those people's bones are in the ossuary in the
cemetery in Urzelina.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada