Judy Russell, The Legal Genealogist, blogged about this again. She says:

<<If this rule is adopted, the cost of getting a record search done at
USCIS — the first step that lets us know if the agency actually holds
records about a research target — will rise from $65 to $240. And the cost
of getting a paper record identified in that record search, such as a visa
file, will rise from $65 to $385. So a record that, today, costs a maximum
of $130 will cost *$625* if this rule goes into effect.

And that vastly higher fee will be for records that, in many cases, should
have already been transferred to the National Archives and so available to
us all for much lower fees.>>
Full article here.
https://www.legalgenealogist.com/2019/12/02/fight-the-fee-hikes/

I will be quiet about this for a few days.
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada