Bill Ricardo wrote:

I have thus far submitted DNA tests to both  <http://ancestry.com>
ancestry.com and FamilyTreeDNA.com and I have obtained further YDNA and
MtDNA results (haplogroups G-M201 and K1a4a, respectively) from the latter.
I have further shared data with MyHeritage.com and GEDMatch.  Up until now I
have used  <http://ancestry.com> ancestry.com as my primary tree building
platform but I discovered a few months ago that the 1,000 or so photos I had
uploaded there last year at this time had disappeared from the various
family member profiles and they,  <http://ancestry.com> ancestry.com,  were
initially unable to explain why.  Since that first revelation, they have
responded to me via email for additional data from me about my tree, such as
sending them screen shots and the like.  Frankly, I don't wish to commit to
that much time to reconstruct the info I had loaded to the site over what
easily took me dozens of hours to generate.  My thought now is that I should
cancel my subscription with  <http://ancestry.com> ancestry.com and rebuild
my extended tree with My Heritage.

My question is can My Heritage.com provide the same or comparable level of
info that I was getting from  <http://ancestry.com> ancestry.com if I
subscribe to their "Complete" service level?

Any assistance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Obrigado/Mahalo/Thanks,

Bill Ricardo

Bill I started this under a new subject.  I noted your MtDNA test result is
K1a4a (Not sure if you left the last digit off) My great grandmother was a
K1a4a1, I actually traced down the female line to a male cousin (Robert
Carvalho) and tested him on FTDNA. What testing company did you test the
MtDNA with?

As far as trees on line I am a strong advocate of not keeping my information
on line or in a cloud. I prefer to having it on a program on my own
computer. There are several posts in the list archive about genealogy
programs and a post earlier this month on the subject.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Lee, NH

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha, Achada Grande,  Bretanha, and Ponta
Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores