Hello,

please note that the BATMAN Gateway module has nothing to do with
batman-advanced (user/kernelspace). The BATMAN Gateway module can be
used to accelerate the BATMAN Layer 3 (and only Layer 3) Gateway
functionality. BATMAN will automagically detect the kernel module and
use it if its available.
But you will have the same functionality without the kernel module, just
slower. :)

best regards,
        Simon