On Friday 23 January 2009 10:30:26 Kartik Muralidharan wrote:
> I was able to compile and checking 'file batmand' gave me the output
> mentioned below.
>
> But running ./batmand ath0 gives me an error.
What error? Is it a dynamic linker error? Does `./batmand` gives the same
error? Does `dmesg|tail` gives more information about that problem?

> What configuration do I need to do on the wireless interface on the
> device?
Their are many configurations possible, but I will try to explain a common
one:
- Get the device in adhoc mode (for example create a vap in adhoc mode with
madwifis wlanconfig)
- set the essid
- set the cellid
- set the channel/frequency
- start the device
- set a unique ip to the device

$ wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode adhoc
$ iwconfig ath0 essid testnet
$ iwconfig ath0 ap 02:00:de:ad:be:ef
$ iwconfig ath0 channel 10
$ ifconfig ath0 $IP