Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > It seems to deadlock according to
> >
> > https://lists.open-mesh.net/pipermail/b.a.t.m.a.n/2009-December/001938.ht
> >ml
> >
> > Patch was modified by Sven Eckelmann <sven.eckelm...@gmx.de> to apply
> > cleanly against r1490.
>
> Is this just modification so that it cleanly applies? Or does it also
> fix the deadlock?
No, deadlock isn't fixed yet. Just was nerved that it didn't apply when I
wanted to test it. :)

And to the lockdep stuff. It is a real nice feature (I used it partly when
debugging another kernel module), but as I noticed the mathematical
correctness check is disabled on uml and cannot be enabled due to some
dependency problems. :(

It is real a problem because uml is a preemption-less uniprocessor kernel and
thus the spinlocks are just NOPs - so it is quite useless for any debugging of
them. So back to the "lets crash my working machine" and/or qemu-based tests.

Best regards,
        Sven