I have been trying to get my wireless network to establish an ad-hoc
network and I just can't seem to do it.  It appears the linux 2.6.31
kernel does not support the RealTek 8185L (Encore ENLWI-G2) wireless
card I have.  The drivers it does install are older and seem to not
support Ad-Hoc networking.

Can anyone recommend a wireless card and/or a linux distro that easily
supports ad-hoc networking?  I have the tried latest openSuse and Ubuntu
distros.

Is this a common problem with Linux?  I have set up wireless ad-hoc
networks before in windows and never really had a problem.

Or better yet - does anyone have patches to the realtek 8185L drivers to
use the net_device_ops struct as opposed to the deprecated net_device
struct?

Thanks

Eric