Hi
We are using batman-adv 2011.2.0 with Openwrt Backfire-rc6 on D-Link Dir-615 routers (2 Antennas, 1 single radio), each router with an adhoc interface managed by batman-adv for the mesh network and an Acces Point interface bridged with bat0 and ethernet to allow non batman-adv clients to connect. The problem is that sometimes all works fine, but sometimes we get very poor bitrates between routers, even using just two routers, testing with iperf. We don't know where the problem is, specially because it's a very erratic behavior. If any of you have used this configuration with openwrt and ath9k driver we'd really appreciate some help.

By the way, the D-Link Dir-615 is an n router, but for some reason related with hostapd the ap vif gets configured in g mode, and the adhoc in n mode, no matter what we set in the uci files. So in case the problem were related with the adhoc and ap virtual interface, we were thinking about the possibility of setting the mesh network without using adhoc mode. In that case each router should have one ap for non batman-adv clients, and two additional interfaces, one in ap and the other managed, these two used to connect with other routers via batman-adv, would that be correct? In that case, you think this configuration could be more or less stable than the other using adhoc mode? Thanks in advance!

Gabriel